« Homeowners & Renters Insurance
Is Flood Insurance?
Unlike a standard homeowners policy, flood insurance
covers losses to your property caused by flooding.
Some of the things a standard flood policy will
* structural damage
* furnace, water heater and air conditioner
* flood debris clean up
* floor surfaces such as carpeting and tile
You can also buy a flood insurance policy to cover
the contents of your home, such as furniture, collectibles, clothing,
jewelry and artwork.
Policies are available in three forms: Dwelling
(most homes), General Property (apartments and businesses), and
Residential Condominium Building Association (condominiums).
It's important to know that if you have a federally
backed mortgage on a home located in a high-risk area, federal law
requires you to purchase flood insurance. Also, if you've received
a federal grant for previous flood losses, you must have a flood
policy to qualify for future aid.
Benefits of Flood Insurance
Buying flood insurance is the best thing you can
do to protect your home, your business, family, and financial security.
When you're a flood insurance policyholder ...
* Flood insurance compensates you for all covered
* Coverage is relatively inexpensive.
* You can depend on being reimbursed for flood damages even if
the President decides not to declare a Federal disaster.
* You don't have to repay a loan, as you might have to with many
Federal disaster relief packages. Your covered losses are paid
* You can count on your claim being paid in the event of a flood
loss because NFIP flood insurance is backed by the Federal government.
* Your agent can help you handle your claim quickly, so that you
won't have to put your life on hold if your property is damaged
by a flood. You can even request a partial payment immediately
after the flood, which can help you recover even faster.
* Your flood insurance claims are paid by policyholder premiums,
not taxpayer dollars.
Any other questions? We'll be glad to help. Call